PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 3, 2016) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that it has been named to Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Appearing on the list for the second consecutive year, Workday currently has more than 5,200 employees and a customer satisfaction rating of 98 percent.
From day one, Workday understood that a strong corporate culture would serve as the foundation for the company's success. Its founders believed that in order to build a company that would revolutionize the enterprise software market, they needed to recruit, reward, and retain the very best people. To do this meant fostering an employee-first culture where people are valued, heard, inspired, encouraged to have fun, and most importantly, committed to customer satisfaction.
"We've always held the belief that a happy, motivated workforce will do great things for customers," said Aneel Bhusri, co-founder and CEO, Workday. "We continue to see the reward of this employee-first focus in our company culture and customer satisfaction rating that are competitive differentiators for Workday. The Workday culture is as strong as ever thanks to our employees who continue to exemplify our core values and partner with our customers to achieve remarkable success.
The recognition by Fortune follows other honors Workday has received as a top workplace in the U.S. and Europe in the past year:
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's 10 Best Large Workplaces in Tech list
- Named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area for large companies for the fifth consecutive year by the Bay Area News Group
- Named the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for the largest companies by the San Francisco Business Times / San Jose Business Journal
- Ranked #6 on Fortune's list of the 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and #7 on its list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials
- The Great Place to Work Institute named Workday a Best Place to Work in Europe
- Named #2 Best Workplace in Ireland for large companies by the Great Place to Work Institute
- See and hear what employees have to say about why Workday is a great place to work.
- Workday is hiring for key roles in product and technology development, customer support, services, data center operations, sales, marketing, and more.
To identify the 100 Best Companies to Work For, each year Fortune partners with Great Place to Work to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America. Two-thirds of a company's survey score is based on the results of the Trust Index© Employee Survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. This survey asks questions related to employees' attitudes about management's credibility, overall job satisfaction and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the Culture Audit©, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs and diversity efforts.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
© 2016. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.