PLEASANTON, CA and VIENNA, AUSTRIA--(Marketwired - Jul 22, 2015) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Siemens Convergence Creators, a leading software solution and service provider in the fields of communications, media, and technology, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM). With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators will be able to move its HR operations off of multiple legacy systems and into the cloud for a technology foundation that is agile, fast, and architected to provide workforce analytics that will support the company for its growth, greater efficiency and leaner processes.
Siemens Convergence Creators wanted one global, modern HR system that could adapt with growth and change, engage the entire organization, and provide deeper visibility into its workforce, which spans across 10 countries.
With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators plans to:
- Create one global people management system, enabling management to work with a single source of truth about its workforce, such as headcount, for accurate planning and decision-making.
- Access analytics that provide greater insight into employee skill sets and capability gaps to help support planning for customer projects. With Workday, the company will be able to leverage a unified search framework to easily identify employees who may fill those gaps. For example, employees who speak French and have specific technical skills.
- Standardize HR processes worldwide, streamlining operations for growth and increasing efficiencies throughout the business. Siemens Convergence Creators will easily be able to configure business processes, such as workflows, and make changes as business needs evolve, and compliance needs change.
- Empower employees with greater mobile capabilities using a simple, intuitive interface, giving them the ability to access information and take action from anywhere and at any time. For example, employees will be able to submit time and absence requests directly from their mobile phones.
- Leverage continuous innovation from Workday's development on a single code line delivered in the cloud.
Comments on the News
"We wanted a modern HR system that would support future growth, engage our entire global workforce, and create a more strategic HR organization to help drive our company into the future," said Dominik Löffler, global vice president HR, Siemens Convergence Creators. "With Workday, we will have a global HR system that is agile, empowers our workforce with greater self-service and mobile capabilities, and delivers real-time insights into our workforce to help inform decisions and enable us to provide an even greater level of service to our customers."
"With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators will begin a new chapter, operating its own global HRIS with greater agility, speed, and visibility into its workforce to support continued growth and expansion," said Chano Fernandez, president EMEA, Workday. "Siemens Convergence Creators will also have the tools and capabilities to empower its workforce across continents and engage them in a whole new way."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Hundreds of organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended April 30, 2015 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2015. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+44 (0) 7568 377476